18 Mar 2020
How will the COVID-19 virus affect visits to Seaside, Florida? Here is the latest information.
The private rental homes of Seaside are still available for visits. Here's everything you need to know about booking, re-scheduling, cancellation, sanitation measures, and what facilities and amenities are available during your stay. See our UPDATE page for any breaking news.
COVID-19 TRAVEL UPDATES 3.19.20
- SEASIDE PRIVATE BEACH ACCESS POINTS ARE CLOSED MARCH 21 - APRIL 11, 2020
- SEASIDE PUBLIC BEACHES ARE CLOSED MARCH 21 - APRIL 30, 2020
- WALTON COUNTY ALL PUBLIC BEACHES ARE CLOSED EFFECTIVE MARCH 20, 2020 AT 5AM
- WALTON COUNTY STATE PARKS CLOSING MARCH 19, 2020 AT 5PM, REOPEN DATE TBD
- Moved reservations from March 21 - April 30, 2020 will receive 10% SAVINGS on transferring the existing booking to a time period between June 1 - December 31, 2020.
- New reservations booked for March 21 - April 30, 2020 can cancel up to 24 hours prior to arrival to receive a refund.
Our private vacation homes remain open for rental business and our private beach pavilion access points remain open.
- The SeasideFL town center businesses, swim & fitness, the public beach access points at the Coleman and Seaside Pavilion, as well as all SeasideFL town events are closed from March 21 at noon - April 30, 2020.
- There is an all ages curfew of 8pm in Seaside, Florida.
- Modica Market as a grocery store will be open with limited hours and an occupancy of less then 10.
- Restaurants have the option to be open for food to go options.
- Local grocery stores have shortened hours.
- Our housekeeping companies are only using products on the EPA's approved list for use against COVID-19.
- We have also ordered multiple cases of hand soap. We will be adding these items to all cottages for guests' convenience upon arrival.
- We have also added a final step to our unit sign off process that includes wiping all handles and doorknobs throughout the cottages with a disinfectant.
- Vacation rentals continue to be the safest alternative in lodging because guests are not co-mingled with other guests in crowded public spaces.
The health and safety of our guests will always be the number one priority for the team at Homeowner’s Collection and the Seaside, FL community. This is uncharted ground for us all and we are monitoring what is obviously a very fluid situation and will react daily in our decision making based on the information provided by the WHO and the CDC. Vacation rentals continue to be the safest alternative in lodging because guests are not co-mingled with other guests in crowded public spaces.
Information for Travelers:
For Homeowner’s Collection Information on Traveler Insurance click here.
All travelers should refer to the CDC for the most up-to-date travel information.
FLORIDA COVID Public Website and Call Center:
Visit the Florida Department of Health’s dedicated COVID-19 web page for information and guidance regarding COVID-19 in Florida.
For any other questions related to COVID-19 in Florida, please contact the Department’s dedicated COVID-19 Call Center at (866) 779-6121. The call center is available 24 hours per day. Inquiries may be emailed to COVIDemail@example.com